With Christmas quite literally around the corner I thought I would share the carrot cake recipe I’ll be trying out, to make a well deserved treat.
I’m not a fan of store bought cakes that are full of sugar and artificial flavours, I prefer to bake myself and I particularly love raw recipes.
Christmas is often a time when we overindulge but its not the case with this raw carrot cake recipe bellow.
RAW CARROT CAKE WITH CASHEW CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 2 cups cashews, preferably soaked for a couple hours
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Water, as needed
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour or buckwheat flour
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dried pineapple (or more dates)
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- To make the frosting: blend all ingredients in your high speed blender until smooth, adding as little water as possible. Taste it – mmm. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- To make the cake: cut the carrots into small chunks. Then throw all the ingredients (including the carrots) in your food processor and pulse until it’s all in really small pieces and sticks together.
- Assembly: Press half the cake mix into the bottom of an adjustable spring-form pan, mine was about 6 inches. Then spread on about 1/3 of the frosting. Put it in the freezer until the layer of frosting is hard. Then press on the rest of the cake mix. I let it set in the fridge overnight, then frosted the whole thing, but you can do it right away if you want. Take it out of the pan and use the remaining frosting, cover with whatever garnishes you like. Enjoy!
Recipe via: http://goo.gl/C9VLZH
For more raw recipes please check out: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/
Love and Light