Visiting the country calls for homemade cooking and that’s exactly what I’ve been doing, with the help of my mother in-law or MIL.
In my previous post (Here: http://goo.gl/Ibh5bK) I showed you guys a picture of a giant zucchini I purchased at Lyster Orchards… Well my MIL and I have been having fun experimenting with recipes that contain zucchini.
My MIL and I decided to make Zucchini and Date Loaf, which is so delicious I haven’t stopped eating it. So I thought I would share it with you!
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I used whatever oil I had)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I didn’t have any walnuts, so I made it without)
- 1 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- butter to serve
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a 15 x 25 cm loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending 2 cm above edges.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat combined sugar oil and eggs until combined.
- Stir in Zucchini, dates and nuts. Fold through sifted flours and nutmeg.
- Spoon into prepared pan, smoothing top. Bake for 5-60 minutes until cooked when tested. Serve with butter.