February is the month of romance and Valentines Day is right around the corner!
My partner and I don’t usually make a big fuss over Valentines Day and keep it relatively low key with a simple card and chocolates. However I’ve always been interested in the history of Valentines Day and the meaning behind the festivities.
I recently read that Valentines Day was derived from ancient Rome where it was suggested that an imprisoned man, Valentine sent the first “valentine” after he fell in love with a jailers daughter. The letter was signed “From your Valentine”, a phrase that is still used to this day. Read the full article here: http://goo.gl/KJhIZF .
Anyhow, I decided to get into the Valentines Day spirit this year and create a simple gift guide for the Valentine in your life!
Valentines Day has often had the rap of only being celebrated by couples, but I don’t think you need to be in a relationship to celebrate the day. You can get into the Valentines Day spirit by gifting your girlfriends, parents or friends small gifts and make the day an enjoyable one.
Without a further adieu, simple gifts for men and women:
1) Tiffany and Co heart earnings, $210: http://goo.gl/0KEl0o
2) Moet & Chandon, $56.99: http://goo.gl/gqSbpU
3) Estee Lauder Lipstick Collection, $42: http://goo.gl/Jm2m8g
4) Tom Ford Deluxe Private Blend Mini Set, $395: http://goo.gl/iI3Flc
5) Heidi Klum Intimates, $69.95: http://goo.gl/Bbszx1
6) Koko Black 16 piece chocolate gift set, $36.50: http://goo.gl/LZ0LJ2
Don’t forget to add a cute/thoughtful card and a fresh bouquet of flowers with your gift!
1) Aesop Bathroom Essentials, $100: http://goo.gl/CMJp9M
2) David Jones Boxer Shorts, $39.95: http://goo.gl/K9QbNf
3) Men’s Bracelet, $139: http://goo.gl/OmzIF1
4) Koko Black 36 Piece Chocolate Box, $75: http://goo.gl/PfjXDg
5) Calvin Klein Obsession, $89: http://goo.gl/kHac0j
From your Valentine